Skip to main content

Teaching as a Profession

What certification tests do I need to take?

The PECT Pre-service Academic Performance Assessment (PAPA) is the means of assessing reading, mathematics, and writing skills for undergraduate candidates seeking a state-approved Pennsylvania educator preparation certificate. All undergraduate candidates for initial certification will be required to pass the PAPA as well as the test corresponding to the specific certification area.

To find out what certification tests you need to take, contact the School of Education at 267-341-3246.

Test Prep Books

Practice Praxis books and study guides can be found at the Newtown Learning Resource Center (LRC) and the Philadelphia campus library. Materials are shelved together by call number.  A call number is an item's address in the library. It will tell you in what part of the library the item is located and will help you find the exact shelf.

Call Numbers for Praxis Books

LB 1762 - LB 1766

LB 2367.75

You can also search for Praxis review books in the library catalog by their test code number

Example: search Praxis on the first line and 0061 on the second line.

PAPA Test Preparation

Pearson, Inc. has many test preparation resources available on the PECT website.

Educational Testing Service

Visit the ETS Praxis website for more information on the Praxis II tests, state certification requirements, as well as free test overviews, study guides, and short practice tests. Register for Praxis tests through the ETS Praxis website

Other Test Preparation

You may find that taking a test preparation course is helpful when studying for the Praxis exams. Check out these fee-based resources:

Library Home Information Literacy
Library Catalog Library Forms
Research Databases Services & Staff E-Mail:
Library Hours University Archives Tel: 267-341-3315